Saturday, July 17, 2010

A terrible, horrible no good day!

Yesterday I was unkind to Matt. I was hot and tired and I went to my scuba class dive at the Homestead Crater. I put on a oxygen tank that felt heavier than me. When I got in the hot murky water, something snapped and I had the worse anxiety attack. I kept chocking on the dang water. I had to go to the top and breath. It was the hardest thing I have ever done to go back down there. But when it came to taking off my mask 30 feet down, there was just no way. I did complete the dive but I will never go back there! I tried to sleep but both my ears were hurting from the water pressure so I got up and decided to clean the kitchen. I opened a drawer and out ran a mouse almost up my arm. I live in the country and should be brave, but he scared the tar out of me. I had never had one that close. Then to top it off I think he was more that a half a bubble off. He honestly just kept coming out running around my feet. I brought Sam in to do his doggly duty, but he just layed there and relaxed. I finally made Dad come in and set a trap at 4:00 AM, and you can image how that went over with him. So this morning when I got up and found my foe upside down in the trap I had to copy Abbie with a gigantic "YES!" Now to clean out the cupboards and dishes. They need it anyway. I have to make darn sure there is not another lunatic brother or sister. It has been years since we have had a mouse in the house. No more mice and no more swimming in the crater in Midway! Today is going to be, today is going to be, today is going to be a better day!

2 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

first mom i am so proud of you for finishing your dive.. did you keep telling yourself "I can do hard things!"? nothing worse then feeling closterphobic.
dont stress about being mean to matt, im sure he has felt the same way a million times after he has been mean to you. thats the plus have having family the love and forgive us for the stupid things we do in life.
and as far as dad getting up at four in the morning wowzers i would have liked to see that one. i can so imagine him jimmy rigging a trap to catch the mouse just right. and i bet his smile and yes was even bigger and louder then yours when he saw his contraption worked. lets get on training sam to be a little mouse hunter, i think he would be a mighty one.
cleaning out all the dishes will take forever, turn on some good music, shake your hips a little and count it as your exercise for the day with all the bending and reaching.
today is deffinatly going to be better. i love you and loved talking to you the other day, i love when i get a few tender moments with you, it makes me feel close. xoxo

Kim said...

Mom, I wish we could of talked at the end of that day. Maybe we did and you just didn't tell me all the details. Somedays I am so grateful for the night to come so I can start over the next.
I don't think you will ever know how much I appreciated you taking my kids last week. They love you and it was so good to know that they were being taken good care of. Thanks for giving Jason and I that unforgetable experience. You are the best mom and grandma in the world and we all appreciate everything you do for us. THanks for taking good care of my sick Em, for putting up with wild Jayne, and keeping them all fed and happy! Thank you for taking brownies to Teresa, for turning on our AC and for just being the incredible mom you are! I owe you big time!!!! I love you and feel so lucky to be your daughter! Thanks again for the fun
24th!! My kids look forward to it every year. I love you and I can't wait for Laguna!