Sunday, July 4, 2010

At Daine's Cabin

I just spent the most wonderful week with Diane and Mom. The morning we were leaving we woke up to a big herd of elk bugling. It was misty from a night rain and there was a double rainbow. We decided it was a gift from Dad saying, "Margie I am getting ready for you." Mom read old letters from Dad when they were separated during the war. I didn't know my Dad was so romantic. Mom just beamed and cried. She just found these letters and can't stop reading them. Our bodies grow old but never our spirits.

89 and still handing in there. We laughed and ate and rode the ranger, and then did it over again.







Ya Ba Da Ba Doooooo!




3 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

I LOVE THAT LAST PIC.. AUNT DIANE DOSE NOT GO SMALL!!! what a blast to get away with those too, i bet it was so fun hearing the love letters. and i bet there was alot of yummy chocolate eating with the 3 of you. im imaging grandmas rocky road and dianes fancy boxs of chocolates. yum. there is something to sneaking away with you mom and sisters that is magical.

Kim said...

Mom I am so GLAD you had that week together! I'm sure Grandma is still smiling from all the fun. I know Grandpa was there and is so glad that you are taking such good care of her. She is so lucky to have you. I'd like to go stay in paradox sometime! I have the best memories there! And I'm so glad you took your camera and worked the one arm snap. Love you!

Kelly said...

What a PARTY! I love that you took some pic. What a Treasure! It looks and sounds so Heavenly. I loved that grandma reads Grandpa's letters. I read one Heath wrote me this Morning and it just does something for the soul to know you are LOVED! I bet she is so lonely for him! I loved the Rainbow. I know Grandpa was with you... and I'm sure Diane was in Heaven having you all with her! I am so happy you were able to go relax together!
I LOVE YOU