Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dad

Is Dad handsome or what! What! I have the need to tell you how much I love your Dad. He is a gift! I am so grateful each night when I crawl in bed with him. He is warm and kind and always makes me feel safe. For the past two days we have worked with Moon Dance to get her ready to take to a horse sale over in Heber. We washed and clipped her and brushed her till she was shinny. The sell lasted for ever and we didn't sell her. Horses were going for so cheep. We came home so tired, but one good thing, a lady just called and wants to come see her again tomorrow. So that might be good. I appreciate our girl's talk. Kelly we talked about me and Dad and learning to be happy. I am feeling Kenya calling my name. I am whispering in Dad's ear while he is sleeping "Let's Go". I am having fun with Dad this spring working and caring for Wallsburg. I have a million wild flower seeds to plan and I can't wait to see if they will grow. We have 5 or 6 big cottonwood trees that have died in the backyard, so there is a big job. The swings have not taken flight, maybe the time is not just right. Kim I talked to Judy. Do you think you could help me start a gratitude journal? Thought I would call you Monday after your kids have gone to school. I have been so touched by your Joy in the Journey. This is what my heart would like to keep tract of too. Yours is so simple and perfect. I think when we know we are going to write down what we are grateful for, it makes us more aware all day long, in the simple, sacred things found in the ordinary. I love my girls. You each teach me so much. Happy a Wonderful Spring! Did I mention I love your Dad? I do!


3 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

oh i love big papa too, he looks so handsome out there working. we are so lucky to have him in all our lives. ive been feeling like poo this weekend and would have loved to climb onto the couch next to him and have his magic fingers help my aches go away. he is the best. ive thought alot about our talks too and i keep thinking about, we have to stay ourselfs because that is what our husbands fell in love with. mom, you have to do what makes you happy and makes your eyes sparkle because dad will look at you and love you all the more. keep whispering and do it. cant waite to see the flowers i know that green thumb of yours will work its magic it will be gorgouse. get matt on the trees, and the chairs can waite, mabey its more of a winter thing, when theres not so much outside work to do.

oh and im feelin like the lady is wanting to by the horse for some big bucks!

Kim said...

Mom I am so glad you and DAd were working Jamie's one arm picture stretch. I love reading your words. The day will come when you and Dad will go to Africa. But for now I am glad you are enjoying being busy working up there. You are so good and being happy with whatever you are doing. Jason can help you get down those trees. Let's plan a day and all help. I to can't wait to see your flowers. I am sure your yard is always looking beautiful. Love you!

Kelly said...

I love that Handsome Horse Man!
You two look cute working that camera and smiling all at the same time! Talent!

I have my Fingers Crossed the lady come and picks up the horse!

Wish I could come pick up tree branches and plant seeds! Heath and Kade would be in Heaven to work a little of the Walsburg farm!

I LOVED Jamies advice about being True to ourSelfs! It is so Wise! I better start thinking back to what I was doing on that blanket at Jamies soccer games that caught Heaths eye and try to redo it all over again...

Life is to short not to do what we LOVE! What brings us Happiness..

Love those spring days on the farm with Dad.

Love you