Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mother Earth

It is the morning of the 4th of July. I have the stomach flew. I always think better when I am sick because I am so grateful for health. I just got home from camp in the nick of time.How wonderful that I didn't have to run three block to the bathroom and sit on a cold dirty floor all night. Blessings from heaven, I crawled in bed with Dad last night, warm and dry and comfortable. Camp was so inspiring to me. I just loved being in this most amazing forest with large quakes that were bent by the wind and snow. We had a fireside where a lady talked about the earth being our mother. I remember hearing Indian Legions about mother earth, but I thought
they were just legions. But this lady took her thoughts out of Moses7:48 "And it came to pass that Enoch looked upon the earth; and he heard a voice from the bowel thereof saying: Wo, wo is me, mother of men. . . ."





We talked about our resonsoblity as women to care for those things that surround us.




I have been walking in the yard this morning just looking closer at the beauty that surrounds me. If the earth really is our mother, she is probably trying to teach us something. . . and I want to learn. Happy summer, Happry 4th of July. I love-a love-a love ya!



3 comments:

Kim said...

I am so sorry you have been sick! I know you were helping take care of that girl up at camp that was sick and took one for the team. I'm glad you made it home before it hit. We sure missed you on the 4th but i'm glad you had a day to recoup! I want to hear all the details of camp. Glad it turned out good and what a relief to have behind you. I love the beautiful pictures of the flowers and your thoughts. We do live in the most beautiful place in the world! Mother Earth is incredible! And you have always had a gift to find it and enjoy it.

JaMie HeApS said...

so so sorry you were sick on the fourth there is nothing worse then being sick on a holiday. but yes it was a good thing you were home and not in the woods pueking. your flowers are looking top notch how do you hae such a green thumb.. have you had any stramberries? i am missing going in my back yard and eating them by the hand fulls with my boys. i hope you get some this year cuz there tasty little buggers. i love you.

Kelly said...

AHH NUTS! I hate being sick on hoidays... you make is ound like it is no big deal.. you amaze me... What a blessing it is that we have toliets, and tubs when we feel yucky!

I love the flowers... they make me smile! I can't wait to come and walk around your heavenly yard with Heath and Admire all your work! Someday we will have a yard like yours! This florida summer weather is brutal for flowers... I miss having flowers grow normal in the summer.

I want to hear all about camp. Happy to hear you loved it! and that Dad made it with out you! and that the hay was all Done when you got home that is a plus!

I miss you! Can't wait to come see you... when ever that might be!