Monday, July 13, 2009

I am sitting on the back porch with Dad, it is dark and we are remembering times when you have all been here. Matt is here and he is doing so good. We have our fingers crossed. He is getting a bowl of cereal and strawberries. He is working with the nicest men is Wallsburg building a house. He come home so tired and hungry and he is ready for bed early. But he likes what he is doing and he is working hard. He still loves Candice and they have started talking on the phone again. She is in Arizona and loves her job. I am reading a book that is incredible. I might just have to share a part or two with you.

The Book is called Rescuing Wayward Children. There is a part where it talks about the fact that our children proved valiant in the cause of truth and enjoyed an exalted past, they had a strong testimony in the pre-existence. We must bear testimony
often to them to help them recall the sense of having know before. Jeffery Holland calls these spiritual re collections "echoes of other earlier testimonies" It simply remains for the Awakener to do the work of awaking. God will give them weakness that will humble them and draw them to Christ. God's timing is an act of mercy. He is not going to
lose any of his children.


Is this not gorgeous!








"Nothing has so profound an effect on you as the way your children turn out. Through the sealing ordinances of the temple, special powers are given to parents that tether a child to them. Harnessing that power is the quest of a lifetime." I am so hopeful, and not afraid like I have been for so long.
Marion has been in the hospitol for two weeks, she is tired and wants to just jump over to heaven to see Don, her first husband, but it isn't going to be that easy. I have a 97 year old friend up the street that is trying to die. I look at her each morning and see the dearest angel there. What lessons life has to teach us. I love my family!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow... I love to hear the good news of Matt! Nothing short of a Huge Miracle! I LOVE IT! I think a good job that a man likes can work wonders... it makes going to work so much easier! He is learning such great skills. When I move back do you think I could hire him to build me a house? In fact ALL of our houses cause we are building that amazing community in St. George together with pools and basketball courts! We can all hold scripture study each night! ha!
I love you!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh mom im so excited for the kid. he needs something to work for him, did he start school yesterday? i love your flowers and you. i would love to come swing on your swings and soak up hte walsberg air while my boys run form horses, to pond to tramp to sam. oh that place is the best!

Kim said...

Our prayers are reaching the heavens! The summer job is exactly what he needed! We all need reminders at times to help us refocus on what really matters and remember what we've already known. I love that our kids are bound to us through our temple ordinances. There isn't greater knowledge anywhere! I love our family and love Matt. I believe he is being blessed through your goodness and love.