Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello cute family. What excitement I feel in the air as we get ready for the Thompsons to come. We are holding our breath. I have been reading many books about children who fall away from the church and Satin gains control of their lives. Our Family has to fight this threat head on and not allow Satin to have any part of our lives. I am longing for a family meeting. I feel like we have missed out the last few years at Lagona. I went home early because Grandpa died, then Matt was in the hospital, and then dang it this year we had to watch Lagona from afar as the Heaps were the only ones to make it there. But I am hoping we can have a family meeting this next Sunday. Jamie if you are not here we will have to call you and have you listen in. I am feeling great strength as I watch our amazing kids grow up. McKinnley has talked to me on the phone and shared thoughts from a fireside and her testimony. Max is so strong, Tyler shook the hands of an apostle in Midway this week and the list goes on. . . What I would like to do, is have everyone pick one of their favorite scriptures from The Book of Mormon, and write one sentence about what is means to them. You could put it on my comments on my blog. Then I will type them up and give everyone a copy at our meeting. This way, each of us should have 20 or more new favorite Book of Mormon scriptures. We could write in our scriptures in the margins this is Kades scripture for 2009. Kade likes this one because it reminds him of the day he was baptised. Can you imagine how fun it would be through the years to keep sharing one scripture a year. Before you know it we would have a whole book of favorites because our cousins have told us why they like a certain scripture. McKinnley, Emilee, Jenny, and Madison could you pick a scripture and share it with us at our meeting? Tyler would you tell us about shaking the hand of a apostle . Don't worry about bringing your scriptures because I have plenty. If anyone has a good story about learning from the Book of Mormon please share it. Kelly, McKinnley and Madison went to a fireside where the Young Woman General President talked. They called me and shared thoughts about keeping our youth away from Satins traps. She had three suggestions: 1. Say your prayers each day. 2. Read your scriptures 5 minutes a day. 3. Smile. Just simple steps that we can do to keep the Holy Ghost as our companion each day. There is great strength in the Clark name! Lets join forces to help each other as our youth are getting ready to enter the teenage years. I can't wait to hug you all!!!! I love-a-love-a-love you. P. S. You are going to love Grandpa's new favorite scripture!



It seems like these pictures were taken just a minute ago, and yet imagine how much they have changed. Life moves so fast!

We are going to be attending to these boys missionary farewells before we know it. I am predicting Alaska, Africa, and Amsterdam. World get ready.

13 comments:

Tyler said...

My favorite scripture is... 1 Nephi 3:7. This scripture reminds me of the fun primary song. And one day I'm going to be called on a mission. I want to be as faithful as Nephi was and say I will go a do the things that the Lord has commanded me to do. I know Heavenly Father will help me when I'm serving him.

Grandma - Check out my blog.

JaMie HeApS said...

ut oh i better get on some serouse scripture studing, i'll put matt on that one. yes if i dont make you will have to call and give me all the updates.

Kim said...

Sounds good to me! I will get on my kids tomorrow and we will let you know our favorites. Looking foward to some quality family time! It's almost here!

Kim said...

Grandma my favorite scripture is...
Alma 53: 20-21. "I want to be like the strippling warriors, strong & brave, and always listen to my mom."
Max

Kim said...

My favorite scripture is 3 Nephi 12:16
"I like this scripture because my mom says I have a light in my eye because I am happy and try to do what is right. I be nice to my brothers and sisters, (especially Jayne),& I be nice to my friends and try to be a good example."
Abbie

Kim said...

My favorite scripture is 3 Nephi 17:21. "I love Jesus!"
Lucy

jen jen said...

My favorite is Alma 37:35 i tring to get in the habit of saing my prayers and reading the scriptures!

Gwen said...

Oh this is great! I love your scriptures. Mine is 2 Nephi 4:15-16"My soul delighteth in the scriptures. . . " My heart is delighting right now thinking about seeing you all this week, what happy days! Bret what is your favorite?

McKinnley said...

Grandma, my Favorite scripture is, 3 Nephi 18:18 Because Satan Tempts me alot, and whenever he does tempt me I always pray and say "Satan get behind me" Like you said in Young Womens!
McKinnley

Heath Thompson said...

D&C 58:6
I like this scripture because it reminds me to be Obedient...(mind my Mom and Dad)
And that I need to be prepared to share my testimony to others. I can share my testimony with my friends in the way I act and in the way I talk and the way I treat others.
Love, Madison
This is from Madison and Not my Dad.

Kool Kade said...

D&C 64:33
I like this scripture because it reminds me to ALWAYS work HARD and to be the BEST I can for I am being a missionary everyday with everyone I meet. And I will help others to learn about our Heavenly father just by the small and simple things I do.

Amazing Maizie said...

D&C 68:6 I like this because it tells me to be of Good Cheer. To be Happy! I love being Happy and laughing. It also tells that the Lord is with me. I love that.

Amazing Maizie said...

D&C 75:11
Pray Alway... I love to pray with my family each morning and night!
Love Miss Millie