Sunday, August 1, 2010

Abbie's Baptism

Yesterday Abbie was baptised. July 31, 2010. We are so proud of her. She looked beautiful in her fancy white dress. She sat so proud on the front row with her Dad all in white, and little Lucy. Max gave the opening prayer and he looked and sounded like a missionary.There was the most beautiful song, Jesus Came To John the Baptist, sung by a cute family. When Abbie bore her testimony in the chapel after she was bastised she metioned that she felt the Holy Ghost when the girls sang. I think we all did. Abbie you did such a good job. You are lucky to have your Dad baptise you! We all love you!!!




What a darlying 8 year old!


The 24th was fun this year. Emilee drove the Ranger and everyone had a squirt gun. The best part was Kim and Jason's sharing of their experience at treck. Grandpa and I loved having the Millers for a few days all to our selves.










4 comments:

Kim said...

Mom I have been thinking so much about you lately and how lucky I am to have you! I don't know what I would do without you to talk to and to be there at everything with me. I owe you so much for taking the kids for me while we went to Trek! You will never know how nice it was to be able to leave and know that they were in good hands. Thank you for the fun 24th day! For the squirt guns, the treats to throw , the cute decorated Ranger, the delicious lunch, the beautiful tables, and for taking the kids to the rodeo while we napped. Thank you for being there for Abbie's baptism! Thank you for the making the prettiest fruit tray ever and bringing the most beautiful flower arrangement. I know you picked all of your prettiest flowers out of your yard to share. They are in my room and I LOVE them! Thank you for helping me clean up, and for always being positive and happy. When you are around everything is okay. Abbie loves her blanket so much and carries it everywhere she goes. She loves you! I feel so lucky to have you to share all of our special times with. Maybe it's a good thing that you aren't on a mission. I need you aond we would miss you to much. Just keep doing your missionary work here. I love you always and can't wait to spend a whole week together at the beach! xoxo

JaMie HeApS said...

looks like us heaps missed out on too big days. nothing like a walsburg 24th. we love you and are counting down. awe ya baby

Gwen said...

Abbie Gwen, Oh How I Love You. I can't help it but my favorite picture is you with your eyes crossed and your tongue out. You are a hoot. I had so much fun at your baptism. You are lucky to have a Mom that dresses you like an amazing angel. You hair is so you, it even looked darling after you were baptised. I am so proud of your for bearing your testimony. You didn't look a bit scared. It was great when you testified that you knew the church was true and you were excited to get the Holy Ghost. It was tender when you said you felt Him when those girls sang that beautiful song. I felt that too, and I was hoping we were feeling the same. Your Dad is powerful Abbie, you are so lucky. Your Mom and Dad fixed the most delicious waffles I have ever tasted! Wow. I am proud of you Abbie! Do you think we could jump some waves together? Sure would like to!

Kelly said...

what a Cute post! Abbie you are darling and hard for me to believe you could possibly be 8! Crazy! Wish I could have joined in on the fun day along with the riding in the parade! Fun time! Miss you all!