Friday, August 13, 2010

These are the days!

These are the days we will remember forever. It feels like yesterday that we were at Lagona and I had five small children, I turn around and I am a grandma of many beautiful beach children. Life passes so fast. Heaven lies about us in our families. We must hold each day carefully and count it a gift. This is from our Family Mission Statement written long ago:"We treasure the beauty of this world and our ability to laugh and be happy as a family. We want to be eternal friends. We must have the courage to act on what we believe and know to be right. We will be one to the end. . .or the beginning."





Matt was in my thoughts constantly. I could imagine him catching a pigeon, or doing a back flip, or loving to see the octopus that we found in the rocks. I look to the day when he too will have a partner.



Thompsons you were there with us. We could hear all your laughter, imagine you jumping the waves, running to the hot tub, swimming all those mighty fine swimming strokes. We love you all so!!! You are always in my heart no matter where I am. I can't wait to come out, or have you come here. Kelly keep a good eye on the plane flights. Grandpa and I love you all.




2 comments:

Kim said...

Mom and Dad,
Thank you so much for getting us all there. Because of your amazing birthday gifts we got to have the funnest week ever. Thanks for arranging it all! I woke up this morning so grateful for that week of heaven. Thank you for the treats on the beach, the late night ice cream walks, the candy store, the lunch in our room, your help taking the kids back and forth to the pool, the magical wand that cured Lucy's stomach, the walks, and talks and everything! I hope you know how much we appreciate everything you did for us! We Love you!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh i loved everysecond of it.. my boys keep asking if we can go back, i want to ask matt the same question. there is something to that spot, a little magic. thank you for everything i loved our girl shopping day and the adult dinners, a crazy car rides with music that makes dad cringe, waiting on the conner for hrs while matt and dad park in a alley i mean come one really an alley? it was the best, thank you thank you.

i hope you and grandma go back there soon, mabey it would help put her to ease!