Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vail

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breath and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the end of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seem to lose
With my lost saints,--I love thee with breath,
Smiles, tear, of all my life!--and it God chose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
I have a camera!!! This is a beautiful painting in the lodge we stayed in Steamboat. The fall leaves were beautiful, the food delish, and your Dad the best. Did I say I love him?

3 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE VAK WITH THE MAN YOU LOVE. IM SO GLAD YOU LOVE HIM CUZ IM KINDA PARTIAL TO HIM MY SELF. IM GLAD YOU GOT A NEW CAMERA, AND I LOVE THE PAINTING ARE YOU GOING TO START ON ONE OF YOU OWN? HOPE YOU TOOK SOME SHOTS OF THE TOO OF YOU.

Kim said...

I was glad to hear that you had a great little getaway together. You deserved it! And what a perfect time to go. I love you both!

Kelly said...

Oh what fun! I never heard about this lil trip. So glad you went. You two need to hit these trips more often! Happy to hear you are a camera owner! Tie this one on to your purse so you can't set it down any where. I look forward to seeing all the wonderful Utah fall weather, horses, your flowers and I hope a photo of you and Dad from this trip! I got your message today but I had the crasiest day running here and everywhere. So I will have to call you tomorrow. Love you!