Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Walhala Shines

I woke up this morning so excited because tomorrow my favorite little people are coming for a sleep over. We have made different little huts or hideaways through the years but this year we have a winner winner winner! From the time we bought Wallsburg I have always wanted to make a tree hut in the big old cottonwood tree just as you turn down our road, but it always seemed to be too big of a project. This morning I decided to give it a try. I worked in the warm rain for an hour and then all of a sudden in drove Matt. He retrieved the chain saw from the garage and boy did the wood chips fly. Together we worked all day and I can not wait for everyone to see. Kids get excited. We are going to get ready for a Walhala Shines party when the Heaps and the Thompsons come. Dax and Jace it is not going to be easy to beat your Mom to the tree hut, she is pretty fast. Kade we will need your help making some stairs. Millie and Maizie the tree is not too high for you. McKinnley and Madison there are big branches just waiting for you.
This is the picture of our finished work for today, and I must say the picture doesn't do it justice.

We loaded three truck loads of branches to clean out the old tree. We are going to have a big bond fire and bake potatoes.


Matt and the chain saw.



This is the tree before we started. just a mass of branches everywhere.
It rained like a tornato tonight, we sat on the porch and the lightening and the thunder boomed. But tomarrow is suppose to be warm and sunny. We are ready for summer!!!!! Let it come.
Can't wait for tomorrow. . . . see you soon.



4 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

oh i wash i could have been there!!! i think that is my most favorite thing creating a secret fort tink and mom good work i cant waite to see the magical place in person. did you guys share some good secrets? i love you both so much.... hope you have some tasty baked potaots for dinner, with just enough sour cream butter salt and pepper, you know just the way dad makes them.

Kim said...

Mom there isn't anyone in this world like you! My kids are so lucky to have you for their grandma. They have been so excited for their sleepover and tree looked amazing! It is a perfect spot I can only imagine the fun going on right now. I know you MUST be a lot sleepy after your 1:30 a.m. puff pancakes and probably an early wake up call from Lucy. These are the times they will ALWAYS remember forever! Happy Birthday! I sure love you!!!!! xoxo

Kim said...

Grandma,
I can't wait go to the tree fort! I want to try out the tire swings! I can come sleep over anytime now. What about Tyler? I can't wait! I want to shoot the bb guns, ride the 4 wheeler, jump on the tramp, play basksetball, and shoot the wrist rockets. You are the best grandma! I love you!
Max

Kim said...

Grandma,
Thank you for letting me sleep over! I loved the tire swings! Thank you for letting us play at your house, and for letting us have french toast. Help me when I get hurt on the tire swings. My favorite was eating my breakfast and playing with Abbie and standing on that table thing. Help me get off the tire swing. I love the smores and the chocolate and the hot dogs. Thank you for putting my necklace on. I like necklaces. I loved Grandpa blow drying my hair. Can I come again? Happy Easter! I love you!
Lucy