Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthdays







Oh Happy Birthday Sweet Emilee, Handsome Jace, and totally Amazing Nicole. It has been so long since I have blogged I think I forgot how. These three pictures took me ten tries. I hope I don't forget how to brush my teeth! Jace, Grandma and Grandpa love you so. We want you to be happy and healthy. We want you to come sleep over at Wallsburg and drive the 4 Wheeler for us. Sam is missing you. The sand pile that we made for your birthday last year is almost dry and ready for you. Please come.
Dear Emilee, I so loved your mom's blog on your Birthday. She said the things that I feel. She is so blessed to have you in her home. I love you more and more and more each year. Jayne is lucky to have you for her second Mom. She will always love you. Now don't let those boys get too close to you, just put your Dad on their trail if they do. Try not to bat those beautiful long lashes at them. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, we celebrate you every day. Thank Heavens for Emilee!
Now for Nicole. Happy Birthday to one of the joys of our lives! Every time I see someone in our old ward they tell me how gentle and kind you are and what a GREAT Gospel Doctrine teacher you are. I want to come to one of your classes. . . when? I always love being in your home and feeling the warmth, love, and organization there. Your children are blessed and Bret is the luckiest man around! I want you to know how glad we are, (all 29 of us ) that we have you in our family! We thank our lucky stars!
I love the picture of Dad and Jace; and Nick and Shawn because they represent handing on to each other, caring about those you love and are responsible for. As Jeff as been living here the past six weeks my heart has been so heavy. He is so alone in the world. No one ever calls and checks on him. None of his family, no friends, no one. How do we come to offend, or become so indifferent to those in our family? Jeff comes down stairs each morning with the saddest eyes. I think depression and addiction are so much more powerful than any of us can imagine. He is going to have some heart surgery soon, just another hurt in his life. Pray for him. Talk with him when you call. Pray for you know who, too and call him to encourage him 801-678-5547. I really believe when we finally get to heaven we will say "Now I understand." I love you all. Life is a journey and not an easy one, but together we can make it. Happy Birthday Loves!

3 comments:

Kim said...

The more we reproduce in this family the more we get to celebrate birthdays. How lucky we are! Mom, Jeff is so lucky to have you and Dad! He has always loved you two and I think back to the years he used to stay with us over the 4th when he lived in Texas. You will be blessed for your love and kindness. You are a great example to all of us!

JaMie HeApS said...

WHAT A FUN MONTH TO CELEBRATE ALL THESE FUN B DAYS. WE ARE ALL SO LUCKY TO HAVE EACH OTHER, AND WE ALL NEED TO MAKE EFFORTS TO STAY CLAOSE ADN DO THING TOGETHER. LIFE GETS TO BUSY WITH THINGS, THERES NOTHING FUNNER THEN GETTING US ALL TOGETHER. JEFF IS ONE LUCKY DOG TO HAVE YOU BOTH. IM PLANING ON COMING UP FOR A SLEEP OVER.

Kelly said...

What fun... love the birthday photos... Em looks so cute and grown up... Dad looks so happy holding Jace... Nic is bright and happy as always!
Life is too short to not spend it with the most important people that we love. Jeff will some day be able to Thank you for all your love, support and friendship. I love how you so carefully take care of him. Heavenly Fathers Plan of Family is amazing! We are so lucky to have each other to care for, share with and love on.
I LOVE YOU!