Friday, February 20, 2009

The Secret

I love this picture of Dad, I think he is holding Dax, but his kind eyes and brown face speak to my soul. Yesterday Dad and I visited Bret and Jason. All three of them talked about their concern for the econmy anad their family. I remember the winter Dad had back surgury and we were out of work, how sick I felt most of the time. That time passed and this time too is going to get better. I think we need to come together as sisters and encourage each other. Our husbands need to hear of our trust in them and our faith in them. I think we should all cut back on our needs and look at what we already have, more than enough. We need to be positive with our husbands. To look at them with love and gratitude. We could help by trying to have a peacful feeling at home when they come home at night. We could fix simple meals that smeel good when they walk through the door. We could whisper sweet love in their ear before we go to sleep. In the book The Gift of the Magi, Belle's husband looked for work each day, but couldn't find anything. Belle always spoke to him as if he was the most wonderful, suceessful man. That is what we need to do too. All of our men have gone out on their own to make a living and they are amazing. It is hard when all the responsibility falls on them. I think we should join together to help us to keep thinking and acting positive. I like the book The Secret and I am going to be posting some of the thoughts from it. Maybe our men need some love notes in their pockets with encouraging words. Really we are so000000 blessed!

"The Secret is the law of attraction. Everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it's attracted to you by virture of the images you're holding in your mind. It's what you're thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you."
"See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it. It works every time, with every person."
"Make your last thoughts before going to sleep good thoughts."
"Your whole life is a manifestation of the thoughts that go in your head."
I love you!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It was good to see you the other day for a minute. Thank you for stopping by Bret's office yesterday to check on him. It meant a lot to him, and I think it was good for him to talk.

And . . . I believe you were inspired to call him the other morning to say hello. Thank you for that. . . It's such a comfort to know we have such wonderful family around us. Thank you for your love. We love you!

Nicole said...

This message is from Bret:

My wife told me that I needed to read your blog. I tried but I just can't do it. The church music playing in the background is too much.

If that music is playing in heaven I might have to go to the boiler room and shovel coal with the sinners.

Bret