Thursday, December 25, 2008

Margie

Margie Moo, I love you! I have spent the last two days in the hospitol with Mom. She has had some small strokes. Our life is going to be changing. She needs me so much more. I went with her to do tests on her brain, they and put red die in her hair. She hated to have her hair messed up. When the doctor came in to tell her about the test she was more worried about getting a towel around her hair than listening to him. I loved showering her and washing her hair. I put gel in her hair and fixed it cute. She looked so childlike, all clean, laying on her pillow. When she was having her stroke, Brent came in her room and she thought it was Archie. That is going to be a happy day when he comes to get her. I can feel him close sometimes. Mom amazed me when they said they would release her from the hospitol and she wanted to go see all the kids at the Christmas Breakfast. So dressed in her bathrobe and boots we went to breakfast. Thank you everyone for making a fuss over her. She loved it. Merry Christmas Margie!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh... My Christmas has been perfect until I finished reading that post and now my heart is hurting... my head is clogged and pounding and I am now down a box of Kleenex. I love that lady! I love that photo of her. What a perfect treat for me to get to see her on Christmas being so darn far away. I have so many Wonderful memories of her... from our special night dates just the two of us... to chocolate chip pancakes... swimming in her hot tub out back... sleeping over at her house... her perfect hot chocolate with marshemellos... I miss her... I am so glad she has you Mom to love and take care of her. What a miracle it is that a Mother cares for her child and then the roles reverse and the daughter gets to take care of the Mom. Lets not let it happen anytime to soon... We have way to much playing to do but when the times come I hope I can help take care of you. I LOVE YOU! Merry Christmas!

JaMie HeApS said...

IT WOULDNT HAVE BEEN THE SAME NOT HAVING HER AT BREAKY.. I LOVE HER SHE IS ALWAYS A SPORT FOR ANYTHING. YOU DID A WONDERFULL JOB ON HER HAIR, AND I SECOND KELLY WE HAVE A TON OF PLAYING A HEAD OF US.... WHOOOT WHOO

Kim said...

Grandma is so lucky to have you!! You are always so good to her. I hate old age, It all doesn't make sence to me. It will be a happy day when she gets to be with Grandpa again. My kids love her and talk about her often. Max prays for her in every prayer. What a great Grandma she has been and such a great example to me. You have all of her great qualities. And of course all of Grandpa's too. I think it is so neat that you feel Grandpa Close. So does Abbie! I am glad we have a gardian angel watching over us all. I know he is watching over Grandma too. He probably was really there the night she was having her strokes. We will keep praying for her!